How to apply kapton tape
Please see this video to see a best practice to apply kapton tape, which can be bought in our webshop.
Tips and tricks:
- Use thicker kapton sheets > 0.15mm thick, allowing easier application of the Kapton and also these thickness will last at least a couple of months of intensive printing instead of a few prints.
- Avoid fake or bad quality Kapton, where only a very thin top layer is Kapton.
- In some cases it is better to pre-heat the bed to 60 degC before applying the Kapton sheet.
- Before printing make sure the surface is clean of grease and debris. Best to use is methylated spirit. Other cleaning agents are aceton and highly concentrated alcohol.
- Glue adhesives like Magigoo are also a good alternative. Warning: Cover machine parts or remove the bed when using spray like adhesives.
There are no comments yet